The running Fields

The running Fields
Escaped Horses (Chris Tancock)

Monday 1 August 2011

A gentle start to the day

A 7.30 am run along the cliff path to the next beach in soft grey weather. Hardly a soul in sight. The tide was right up against the rocks so a run along the beach barefoot wasn't possible today as yesterday but stopped on a large rock to do two Qi Gong exercises before running back and again stopping half way for 5 minutes to do 3 more. Did a quick sprint on the last bit of path down into the village and disturbed a heron in the stream on the beach which was deserted - just how I like it. As the dog and I walked along the tide I looked at the still water and reflected on how lovely a cooling swim would be. (I haven't been in the sea for years although it's on my doorstep.) 


As I've been looking at Shifu Yan Lei's "Ten Tips from a Shaolin Monk on How to stay Young" - number 2) came to mind ......."Don't talk too much. Most people either talk or do. Better to do." and number 1) Don't think too much. Thinking takes energy. Thinking can make you look old."


Therefore, I decided to just take off my top and jogging bottoms and go in my running top and underwear which was fine. So the dog and I had a nice little swim together and I didn't have to think about how nice it WOULD have been but I did it instead.


I have also been thinking about doing more drawing and intermittently talking about it for a good number of years and today was also the day I sat outside with my sketchbook - albeit a quick, small sketch.

No comments:

Post a Comment