The running Fields

The running Fields
Escaped Horses (Chris Tancock)

Saturday 25 June 2011

Beetroot blogging and windy running

You may be forgiven for thinking this blog is going to be about the dietary benefits of beetroot and the digestive system but you would be mistaken.


Chose a 175 bpm interval training session with Martin Yelling again along the coast path and did a double run along the beach. I set up the GPS but the mileage stayed at 1.4 which was the reading when I reached the beach before I'd run along it twice and returned on the same route, so I don't know exactly how far I ran today. Not only has the GPS stopped working properly but my old Apple has died for good, which means I shall have to borrow 'the work' Apple to finish off blogging Juneathon as I can't afford the money for a new one just yet.


But set backs haven't deterred me before (injuries maybe) and I still did the exercise even if the statistics are a bit vague. I walked up the steep steps again as I can't run up at 160 bpm let alone the 170 interval that Martin was telling me to do. I attempted to pick up the beat on the slope but could feel my face getting redder and redder (hence the beetroot reference)and decided to slow it down for a while to recover as I don't have any heart rate monitoring equipment other than myself. Fortunately, the fresh winds revived me and I got ready for another burst just as the dog turned up from her own private 'interval' training a little short of breath.


I really must get her to co ordinate with my runs a bit more but in the true willing nature of dogs she did put another effort in.


I arrived back hot and sticky and needing to wash my hair yet again. I think all Juneathon participants should get a shampoo allowance.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a good run. Know what you mean about shampoo - my hair is already frizzy enough without all the extra washes! The amount of showers I've had and machine washes I've done for my sports stuff this month is getting silly :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dog does just the same! Disappears and then pops out of the undergrowth at full pelt :)

    Shampoo allowance is a fabulous idea.

    Great post today, made me smile.

    ReplyDelete