The running Fields

The running Fields
Escaped Horses (Chris Tancock)

Thursday 23 June 2011

Back to back Activity

Had a full on day going straight from one thing into another, starting with a 6.30 wake up. After a quick coffee and seeing teen off to school we jumped into the car with dog and drove 2 hours to do a photo shoot of an American Airstream caravan in a beautiful location. Spend a good bit of time arranging and re-arranging various bits and pieces for the images and squeezed in a quick walk round the meadow for the poor dog who was probably crossing her legs at that point. We didn't have time to eat but I pinched a couple of strawberries which were meant for the shoot and had a few crisps with taramasalata. Not that fortifying after an evening meal of muesli the previous evening, however.


Finished off, said goodbye and jumped in car to drive the 2 hours back home while stopping off for a couple of items for dinner. Grabbed a slab of barabrith and changed into running gear for a quick coastal jog estimating that I could just fit in 35 minutes and get back in time to change and take the Tai Chi class.


I didn't have the GPS with me but reckon I did over 3 miles as I ran along the beach as well and completed all Tom Yelling's intervals minus the final cool down of 5 minutes. So I felt quite satisfied with that.


Surprised that I had time for a 4 minute shower and change before nipping up the village to take the Tai Chi class. I was pleased I did the run before hand because there was a delicious Mexican meal waiting for me at home and a large glass of wine. Worth all the back to back work during the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment