The running Fields

The running Fields
Escaped Horses (Chris Tancock)

Wednesday 1 June 2011

Day 1 and a challenge.

3.45 ish


I'm feeling sorry for myself today and not very motivated to get exercise. My glands have come up again and my neck feels like a bullneck. But I won't be deterred, Wednesday night is 2 hour heavy Kung Fu training and the dog needs a walk before I leave at six so that's TWO opportunities for exercise.


I know I'll be exhausted when I get back so I'm starting the blog now and will finish with stats. when I get back tonight.


Also having raspberry turnover while I type this!   :-I 


If I can do Juneathon when I don't feel up to it then I'm more likely to succeed on the 'good' days.


22.24


Aaah! Contented sigh. I'm sitting down with a smoked haddock fishcake, a small beetroot, some ginger and Lingham's chilli sauce accompanied by a mug of sage tea (my favourite herb). First Janathon completed. (Supper is always a bit bizarre on Wednesday night when I get back late from a heavy training session.)


Exercise done: 4.15 pm - 5.03 pm 
Involved walk in field for dog followed by 45 min run on road with dog and Martin Yelling's Interval Training 
Total mileage = 3.2 miles.


7.00 pm - 9.0-0 pm 
Lau Gar Kung Fu=
Stretches
Press-ups (I've started doing the plank and a few press-ups as I have to watch my left wrist)
More press-ups,
Stance work
Stick work in pairs,
'Forms'
walking techniques
lots of leg work walking techniques
'pushing hands'
and so on  ..... (most people, well everybody, had a sweaty T-Shirt sticking to them and faces dripping with sweat) :) Great stuff!!


Had two showers today and got through two sets of training gear (including underwear).


I had forgotten how much washing I got through last Juneathon or Janathon even.


Can't believe what a different frame of mind I feel in now to earlier on.


Well, like I've already said on my profile, "If I'm doing exercise, I feel good",
and good ol' Juneathon is helping to spur me on.


Sorry no pics today. Shame really because I had thought of getting someone to take a mobile photo of me in mid-sweat but I was a bit too sweaty to remember at the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment