The running Fields

The running Fields
Escaped Horses (Chris Tancock)

Wednesday 8 June 2011

"Quite!"

Had a false start to the day, a 5.30 am start to be precise. Noticed the battery had gone on the alarm as I went to bed so we changed it and I reset the time.

Woke up REALLY tired, I  mean really. We all fumbled about downstairs, with cups of tea and so on and while we checked lap tops for mail my other half said, "What time do you make it?"  "Funny you should ask that because I was just wondering if there has been a power cut or something - my lap top says 5.25!"

Meanwhile, teenager is getting more reluctant to get ready for school.

"I must have given you the wrong time when I came back to bed", he says. (Stupid, unfocussed person I think in my head and now we all have to suffer. The day will be ruined .....)

I trundle back upstairs for something and realise what a horrible blaming female I am - still. (I was trying to change that.) It was ME. I am the guilty party because I accidentally moved the alarm hand. Dohhh! So I'VE made everyone tired for the rest of the day.

Well, teen stayed at home, partner shuffled off bleary eyed to cheerily talk to people about his photographs and I watched a film and caught up on several hundred wash worths of ironing (except for the things that are happy just to be folded.)

Exercise today was 2 hours kung Fu. Quite hard, quite sweaty but I feel a bit 'middle of the road' about it. Put effort in but didn't have much spirit, which is what makes all the difference between a quite good workout and fantastic work out.

Still, fulfilled day 8 so I'm, pleased about that.

No comments:

Post a Comment