The running Fields

The running Fields
Escaped Horses (Chris Tancock)

Sunday 26 June 2011

A run with mosquito netting.

What a scorcher today! Left my run until 8.30 pm as couldn't bare the thought of going out in the heat of the day. Even so it was still pretty hot for the time. Wisely took my mosquito netting to fit over the running cap and glad I did because as the sun was going down on the top of the cliffs I could see clouds of little midges caught in the sunlight. It was so much easier running in the evening without having to grit my teeth or keep spitting gnats out of my mouth. I'm sure I must have looked quite silly but fortunately there was no one there to see.


I estimated the distance on Running Free maps again as I am still without equipment.  It said 1.31 miles one way so I guess that should be 2.62 miles for the full distance but that seems further than I expected.

No comments:

Post a Comment