The running Fields

The running Fields
Escaped Horses (Chris Tancock)

Tuesday 21 June 2011

Tai Chi running!

I'd forgotten to charge my ipod before the Tai Chi class today so we did it without music which wasn't a bad thing. 


I took my shuffle for an afternoon run but I haven't used it for ages so couldn't remember what music was on there. It turned out to be all the Martin Yelling Interval training sessions and Tai Chi music. As I didn't feel like doing 180 bpm runs up the very steep hill on my route, I opted for running to Tai Chi music! It proved to work very well because I felt calm and balanced internally and just let myself run and find a rhythm. I had no way to measure it but think I was taking much longer strides. I felt very energised at the end anyway.  It wasn't a long run because I had to get back for an appointment but it was a very refreshing break in a busy day.

2 comments:

  1. I love running to ambient music and indeed most of the time my music player is defaulted to Body Balance music. It allows you to lose yourself and focus on the whole cotton/steel gracefulness that I think I'm adopting whilst running. The reality might be quite a lot less well choreographed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any music suggestions would be gratefully received Bad Wabbit.

    And what an amazing project you are undertaking in acknowledgment of a very sad event.

    You've really covered a lot of miles so far which must be quite a healing journey in itself.

    ReplyDelete