The running Fields

The running Fields
Escaped Horses (Chris Tancock)

Thursday 16 June 2011

Energised but ready to sit back

I tried setting out for an earlier run today but seemed to continually get distracted by other jobs like washing up, putting a wash on, hanging a wash out, checking emails etc. etc. and when I eventually got out of the house realised that I'd left the key indoors so carried on up to the field where my partner was walking the dog before going out and walked back with him to collect my key.


I then had to re-set the GPS before starting the run. I took Audio Fuel with me today as they haven't accompanied me for a few days - in fact I've been running without music on several occasions. 'Adrenaline Junkie' was my choice and I ended up with another red-face. (Definitely not posting any photos).


As I was running flat out to the 190 bpm sprint the local mini bus had to hoot to alert me of her presence and I didn't feel I could stop so carried on along the bumpy verge for a few seconds. Stopped off 3.17 miles along my route at my destination to do a bit of cleaning and have a quick shower and on my return journey home (washed and refreshed) decided to do a light jog to save time when the same bus lady passed me coming back in the opposite direction. She either thought a) I'm a very slow runner or b) I'm an amazing runner and I had been jogging ever since she last saw me over two hours ago! 


Again there was discrepancy between my GPS and Maps on Running Free. What are a few figures between friends but just in case, I opted to record the lower figure - saint that I am.


The rest of the day was busy going from one thing to another so it was nice to finish off taking the Tai Chi class before the evening and I can now say I feel refreshed.

No comments:

Post a Comment