The running Fields

The running Fields
Escaped Horses (Chris Tancock)

Monday 27 June 2011

Machinations of a Juneathon Mind with 3 days to go

Driving to kung fu tonight I drafted a blog in my head and felt quite pleased with it ...... unfortunately, I can't remember much of it, just that it was to do with my psychologies.


It was a struggle to get the impetus to go training tonight and I would have gladly stayed at home. Fortunately, I had written my Juneathon programme in my diary during May and Monday night is Kung Fu night so off I went to Kung Fu. I'd already shirked out of going along an hour earlier to help out at the kid's class which I normally do so there was no more procrastinating to be done.


I remember thinking how strange it is that I seem to have a pattern of losing momentum towards the end of a goal. I start off enthusiastically and continue with a very determined dedication towards the middle and even two thirds in but then right at the eleventh hour I have a habit of giving up  - or at least contemplating it - and losing the fire that started me on the journey initially. It's as though I just say, 'right, that's it then'! and switch off the light. I was reflecting on this in the car and wondering what it is all about and why on earth I have a tendency to do it.


Realising the thinking patterns emerging I thought over the remainder of Juneathon. It's only three days to go and Wednesday is Kung Fu so that makes Tuesday and Thursday a run or cycle day so that's easy really. Blogging and logging won't take too long and I can still have access to the work computer so it may be a complete one this time, albeit a measly mileage but it's been continuous exercise  never-the-less.


I've been very impressed by the amount of running some of my fellow Juneathoners have done and Aus Womble (right on mate *said with ozzy accent*) is in a completely different league to the likes of my running performance.


But I also appreciate and feel like encouraging those with a smaller mileage who are undoubtedly  improving their abilities and overall fitness and have made the effort. My comments on their blogs will have to wait until tomorrow though.


Three cheers to ALL of you (including myself)...... Tuesday, Wednesday, THURSDAY (also my partner's birthday!) 

No comments:

Post a Comment