The running Fields

The running Fields
Escaped Horses (Chris Tancock)

Tuesday 7 June 2011

Ham Strings and Cappuccino.

Although it can be good to have targets and aims, I set off today without a specific time schedule or distance, listening to the steady beat of Sacred Drumming with its trance like rhythm and focussing on my breath and the fall of my feet.


It was very windy and gusty on the coast path, blowing first behind and then in front and sometimes to the side whipping me up like the froth on a cappuccino so that my style of running changed with a low centre of gravity and steady, short steps. Ahead of me, miles of sand stretched out and were virtually empty save for a couple of land yachts. I scrambled down the cliff, over the rocks and onto the sands before returning along the coast path and up a few very steep hills. With the wind buffeting me it seemed to take a lot of effort and my hamstrings were aching - possibly (definitely) after yesterday's workout. 


Arriving back home I wolfed down a bag of crisps which is probably a sign of dehydration and lack of salt as I rarely eat crisps. 


Strange it was only 3.6 miles because more effort was required this evening than a longer run on the same route two days ago. 


It could be because I've also been charging up and down stairs carrying framed images to help set up an exhibition for:


http://www.christancock.com/menu/Welcome.html



who is also currently cooking us a very nice dinner ..... can't wait.


Add on - I almost forgot, this morning was 1 hour and 20 minutes of Tai Chi and Qi Gong.

No comments:

Post a Comment