The running Fields

The running Fields
Escaped Horses (Chris Tancock)

Wednesday 29 June 2011

After Juneathon ...

My last night of Lau Gar Kung Fu while doing Juneathon and I trained with this in mind. However, my knees felt as though they were buckling under me when I walked back to the car after all the low stance work and last night was quite uncomfortable as my knees were so achy after a short but steep run.  I sometimes wonder what my performance is like as I train alone and have no proper equipment to check against age, terrain etc. etc. I feel as though I'm training hard but when I look at other people it seems a bit pathetic.  Always room for improvement though. I do find that it's my body that isn't up to it rather than my mind because mentally I could keep going when I run but usually my ankles seem to lose elasticity and my feet start to trail. 


I also moved about four wheelbarrow loads of garden rubbish which I had pulled up and I think that counts as physical exercise even if it's not running.


We bought a new power cable for my lap top and it's working again so I don't have to borrow one to blog.


Maybe after Juneathon I'll make time (I don't know from where though) to sit down and work out how to make my blog more attractive and get some photos up. It's been just about all I can manage to fit the exercise in and do the logging and blogging let alone suss out aesthetically pleasing designs. 


After Juneathon I'm going to get some earlier nights. After Juneathon I'm going to do more cycling in the sunny weather. After Juneathon I will try the Audio Fuel long run downloads. After Juneathon I will sit and watch some films. After Juneathon I will download some new music to run to. After Juneathon I will try to improve my time on a run. After Juneathon .... I will miss knowing there are all the other Juneathoners out there doing Juneathon.


The day after we finish I have a 2 hour Kung Fu session and a four hour one on Sunday :) and I may go for a run or cycle on Saturday or I may laze in the garden and carry on reading, "Born to Run".... I'll just wait and see what I feel like and I may not blog about it.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment