The running Fields

The running Fields
Escaped Horses (Chris Tancock)

Friday 14 January 2011

Time for a new post.


Well, the news is that my computer is no longer operable for blogging or anything involving the internet as the connection is broken so it means having to pinch the other half's work computer which is rather limiting and means my time is restricted for looking at other bloggers and posting encouraging sounds and motivational comments to other Janathoners. 


So just for the record, I haven't lost interest in what you are all doing and am still doing a quick scan on the Running Free Online site and far as I can tell, you all look set to complete the month with tons of mileage. 


Last night was a disturbed one owing to my aching legs and I didn't fit a run in before Lau Gar training tonight but was determined that I wanted to try a run every day even though I am still getting some good exercise in. I'd taken some running kit with me with the vague thought that I could register at the adjacent gym in the leisure centre where we train and fit in a run on the treadmill. 


However, one of the young girls who comes training mentioned that she had run round the astro turf on the football pitch 8 times before training because her mum had to drop her off early and she had some time to kill. Yes! You can guess the rest. 






So, I quickly changed and headed off to the football pitch in the dark and ran under the stars and the moon with the street lights and the lights from the houses in the near distance casting a cosy glow. I couldn't BELIEVE how bouncy and comfortable it felt to run on the turf, on the flat! with no hill! and no gradient! So I steamed round 8 times and guessed it was a mile because I had no monitoring equipment but next week I shall take the GPS and test it again. I might even invite Martin Yelling to come with me and check my pace!

No comments:

Post a Comment