The running Fields

The running Fields
Escaped Horses (Chris Tancock)

Monday 10 January 2011

running with the elements

         
                       (on a stormy day)


Sitting at home by the warmth of the Rayburn doing jobs that involved being inside, I didn't feel raring to go out running today in the wet and grey. Thought I'd plan for a long beach run to avoid the mud but the tide wasn't out far enough by the time I was ready to go.


I opted for a coast path run in the opposite direction, heading for another nearby cove which I envisaged running along with the dog. The path was all mud and puddles and streams. There was no path to be seen. Picking my way tentatively at barely a jog with my feet straddling the mud and wet, I decided to just get muddy and stop being ridiculous. So I just ran, water, mud, rain - slopping my way through all the puddles at a fairly steady pace so as not to slip and put myself out of action. It was very liberating and enjoyable.


                   
                    (On a wet, grey, calm day)


Went down the steep steps to the beach and ran through the stream and the sand and water like the dogs and horses do. Returned the same way, sprinted along the tide line at home and waded ankle deep through the stream to wash off the mud.




                   (Steps on a sunny, dry day)


Rub down for the dog, clothes in the wash, trail shoes washed for tomorrow, hot shower and homemade chicken soup and finally ......


THE BLOG!!!!


Just time for a few more jobs and then ready for kung fu in a couple of hours.



No comments:

Post a Comment