The running Fields

The running Fields
Escaped Horses (Chris Tancock)

Thursday 6 January 2011

Blaaah to technology!

Set off for morning run after completing a few chores and tried a new route, estimating it to be 4 miles or so. Decided to use my own music - which kept faltering and I guessed my pace to be 165 bpm for most of the run. When I recognised a more familiar road and knew the remaining route was downhill, I  decided to check my distance, guessing it to be further than my long run of the weekend as I was just starting to flag a bit and the left foot was starting its floppy thing again ..... I was shocked to see it said 1.1 mile!! No way, I thought, and sort of lost incentive. Coupled with the fact that I was suddenly desperate for a loo trip I slowed to a walk and didn't trust a quick jump into a field imagining that, with my luck, the local farmer would turn up to feed the horses or something. It was at this point that my music also ran out of battery. So the remaining 2 plus miles (as I later discovered on "Running Free's maps" after FOUR attempts) was done in a restrained jog/ walk until I burst into my friends house to use her bathroom and then invited her back for a cup of tea and a chat.


My conclusion is that my body knows what it is doing. I knew the distance internally and I reckon my pacing would also have been pretty accurate. The time - I'm not so sure - as the run got broken up.

The important thing is that I did a run.


No piccies today, although I would have liked to take one of the farm with a notice saying, "FREE RANGE CHILDREN AND CATS".

No comments:

Post a Comment