The running Fields

The running Fields
Escaped Horses (Chris Tancock)

Saturday 22 January 2011

Never say never.

Janathon is proving to be a much greater challenge than I at first anticipated. The main reason being the inability to go running at the moment and blogging about practically zero activity and therefore wondering whether I should just gracefully bow out now or stick with it against the odds until I am fit enough to continue. 


I took the dog out into the fields this morning in the sun and frost to test the knee. The ground was hard and white with the frost making the blades of grass resemble candied angelica, everything glittering in the sunshine. 


The dog has been looking as restless as I feel and following my every move for the last few days to see whether we are going for a run. I think we both hate this lack of movement.



It went quite well and it was great to be out in the fresh air but I was very conscious that the knee wasn't up to anything too vigorous.  I'm hoping it will be strong enough to do some kung fu on Monday.


One mile walked but at this stage it's more about not giving up rather than trying to do lots of mileage.

No comments:

Post a Comment