The running Fields

The running Fields
Escaped Horses (Chris Tancock)

Saturday 8 January 2011

Refreshing






Last night the rain was thrashing down and it sounded a little like sleeping in a tent on a wet night but this morning everything was quite dry and sunny. I didn't run until later in the day though because it was very cold and windy - not my favourite conditions.
Mid-afternoon I opted for a short burst of intense activity along the coast path with the dog. An extremely steep climb which I never manage to run but do a sort of jog/walk so that I don't collapse of a heart attack when I get to the top. There are three steep climbs along this route and I noticed the elevation goes up from 30' to 300' above sea level over a short distance. I decided to shimmy down the cliff and run along the beach as there was an inviting expanse of beach below me and then come back along the road making for a varied route.
The smell of the fresh air on my face and the sun lighting up the sea and the beach felt so refreshing.
When I got back to my destination the GPS said I had run 3.8 miles and so I ran to the end of the road and back to the beach to wash the dog in the stream to make it up to 4 miles which sounds better. Going that extra mile so to speak.
Got back not long before dark and had lunch at "tea time" and postponed washing the car .... AGAIN!
The short days and Janathon are changing the nature of my days and how much I can fit but I'm finding it very rewarding doing all this exercise and have a feeling of achievement afterwards. 
GOOD THOUGHTS
Raven brought beaded serpent
And the Alaskan thunder
Realities yet to come
Good thought are good way life
Wrapped in the universe
the unborn sleep in dreamtime
Day in the sun is on its way
Think good thoughts
Thoughts of lightened mind
Dream dreams dreaming brings
Sense rush of new found find
View where harmonies sing
Follow the sky
Into the blue
You are part sky
Sky is part you
There are stars that bring the night
There are thoughts to bring clear sight
Thinking good makes for strong heart
Nourishment for spirit and soul
A good path a good way to give
Belief creates what we believe
Good words
Good thoughts
Good actions
A way human beings live
Raven brought beaded serpent
And the Alaskan thunder
Follow the sky into the blue
You are part sky sky is part you
"Lines from a Mined Mind"
The words of John Trudell

2 comments:

  1. what a gorgeous place to run.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is Chris but the photographs were taken on a very stormy day - when I went it was much more sunny :)

    ReplyDelete