The running Fields

The running Fields
Escaped Horses (Chris Tancock)

Wednesday 12 January 2011

Didn't want to be bothered with blogging again today.

The GPS wasn't working because the battery had died, so I logged the time and thought I could estimate the distance as I've done it a few times before. Two miles I would say.

A grey, very misty, very wet, soft, muffled sort of a day - it didn't feel like a music day so I ran without.

This is how my thoughts ran:

from not wanting to blog, to my dislike for form filling in and ticking boxes; to the education system, to world history ..... still with me? and so I let it run on while my body ran.


It occurred to me that my brain is an "information gatherer and sorter" and my mind is an "explorer" so I let them have their space while I went running. And a jolly good time we all had.

Later this evening spent two hours of serious leg strengthening work and stamina building, movement memory, and much more in Kung Fu followed by some energy building Qi Qong stance work. 

A perfect finish to the day.



2 comments:

  1. I know!!! The blogging is soooooo hard. I have definitely started to diversify what I am talking about because - ran to the gym, ran home just doesn't seem like enough!! I saw that we are 40% through now though so that's positive!! and I must say that your blog style is ace (I'm new to it all and have onlyt just sort of mastered adding photos never mind the rest!!!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nicky - Thanks for the comments re. my blog. I'm new to it as well (it'll probably change a bit after Janathon though.) Hope you are running well.
    (I'll look at your blog but I'm having to borrow the work computer for now because my internet is down.) :(

    ReplyDelete