The running Fields

The running Fields
Escaped Horses (Chris Tancock)

Saturday 1 January 2011

one of 31



I woke up at 4.00 am and started to compose my blog for the day before I had even done anything! I hope this is not going to be a trend for the month. Needless to say, I had a good lie in with no commitments ahead of me save for THE run.


It occurred to me that if everyone in "Janathon" were to join me in the field it would have been very crowded and much as I would like everyone to succeed, I enjoy my privacy when training. I'm not really a group sports person and don't relish the idea of running en masse a la London Marathon.(Getting very Frenchified here!)


Chose a mellow Audiofuel 40 minute workout to see how I would get on with a head full of cold. I had only done 2 miles in about 35 minutes and decided to go round the fields a fourth time adding on 5 minutes at 170 bpm bringing it up to 3.6 miles which seemed more acceptable. Stretched out and finished with 5 minutes Qi Qong.


Quite surprising that three and a half to four times round the fields is equivalent to the road run at 3.6 miles. The road seems much heavier on the feet and I prefer the terrain of the fields. 


Met another jogger on the road as I returned home and nearly stopped him to ask if he was doing a "Janathon" but just smiled instead!


It was interesting comparing this against the Interval training, which I have grown to like because it feels as though I have achieved something afterwards. 


Perhaps I'll get round to trying all the different routes near the house by the end of January. 

No comments:

Post a Comment