The running Fields

The running Fields
Escaped Horses (Chris Tancock)

Monday 6 December 2010

Small Bursts of Activity



Coming into the fields this morning I was met by glorious sunshine on frosty hedges and grasses, giving everything a magical quality.


During the interval training I realised how small bursts of activity followed by cool down enable you to achieve greater heights than continuous effort at the same level. 


Pushing myself at 180 bpm was manageable when I knew It was only for 3 minutes.
And later in the evening at the 2 hour kung fu session, I was hardly sweating during the sparring sessions we were doing and noticed that although most people were gasping for breath I was breathing normally. So the interval training is helping my overall fitness which is very pleasing.






The dalmation came and found us again today and I even had chance to say "hello" to his owner as I was just moving into the cool down phase. 


I have found that the little hillock in one of the fields is a favourite spot for doing qi qong exercises after the run. It looks out over the valley into the fields opposite and gives a long view. It is especially pleasing in the sunshine. I think of the Qi Qong exercise a bit like a treat I might give myself after I've achieved something, rather like a chocolate. It fills me with softness and warmth and an internal glow. 



No comments:

Post a Comment