The running Fields

The running Fields
Escaped Horses (Chris Tancock)

Friday 4 March 2011

Soaring

It feels time to make a new post.








I watched "District 13", French with subtitles last night. The running/parkour and fight sequences were WOW! Absolutely amazing and made up for the grotesque background nature of the film. What the human body is capable of is incredible.


For anyone reading these blogs, it isn't that I haven't been doing any running but now that there is no longer a Janathon and the need to post every day, I am choosing to do it as and when I want. In brief explanation, I decided to not continue with Janathon after my knee injury and therefore didn't slog on with the posts. A little disappointing but not the end of the world.


It was fresh, crisp and beautifully sunny this morning. A bit of flu and cold still hanging on and so I decided to just do a free run with  no intervals or timing. Listened to two tracks from Sacred Drumming by Stephen Ash, which I tried running to on Monday and really enjoyed. The continuous rhythm, like a heart beat made me feel I could just run on at a steady pace indefinitely. I didn't though because there are other things I need to do.


The music moved on to a faster beat and although I hadn't intended running fast the music inspired  me into "taking off" and I just went into another element and "flew" round the fields, over the bumps, up the rise.  If there had been any obstacles I think I would have just leapt over them and this is why I mentioned watching the film because I got a real feel of those energies and speeds where the body works together. (I am not saying that I was doing anything to that standard you understand but it felt fantastic none the less.)


I did the Ba Duan Jin exercises which are going really well. I get enormous benefit from them and since watching the DVD as well as having the book it has made it easier to practice.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoXtpeq_JFc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoXtpeq_JFc

No comments:

Post a Comment