The running Fields

The running Fields
Escaped Horses (Chris Tancock)

Wednesday 5 January 2011

Lights, camera, ACTION!



I had a few interesting thoughts on my run today triggered by various things. Mainly dwelling on the saying,

"You can change your thoughts by changing your posture and you can change your posture by changing your thoughts."


This saying progressed from a seemingly unrelated train of thoughts into this:


I like to consider myself as lots of little workers beavering away internally to get the "show" on the road. Afterall, our minds and bodies work FOR us because they want us to survive and this thought alone puts an interesting tack on things.


So when we tell ourselves we are going to do something our "workers" start getting everything ready to put it into action.


For example, if I say to myself, "I'm going for a run today", the brain sends out the signal and all the various internal workings start preparing so that I can fulfill the action. So if I don't fulfill what I said I am going to do the workers stand around not being able to complete what they set out to do.


My dog knows this, because I just have to THINK I am going for a walk and she gets up ready, even BEFORE I've started putting on my running kit. So she KNOWS my brain is preparing my body to go running. Amazing!




And this is what I was visualising as I got into the fields and started running and my brain, the director said, "Lights camera, ACTION!"



No comments:

Post a Comment