The running Fields

The running Fields
Escaped Horses (Chris Tancock)

Friday 7 January 2011

Kung Fu and Running




I'll get a quick blog in before tea (very much needed).


Now Kung Fu classes have started up again I feel more energised and have just completed the Friday one hour session (with 45 mins travel each way), arriving back pretty hungry as I haven't had a proper meal today. It's soon to turn into a 2 hour session which a few of us have been plugging for, so that's good news.
My 5 hour weekly classes will become 6 hours (plus the 3 hour black sash lesson once a month). All good.


I'm sure all this running is making me sharper.


This morning was a quick jog round the fields twice at mid-day. The GPS wasn't recording the distance properly again so I had to work it out on mapmaker and the runs I've done previously. I tried to push myself a bit more this time as it was a short run and did most at 165 then 175 bpm.


I seem to be flagging more on the blogging side than the activity side but at least I've got one in.

2 comments:

  1. Really like the photo. It reminds me of one of my favourite pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment. The photos are my partners -part of an ongoing body of work which I'm pinching for my blog from time to time as it's the same fields I run in.

    Your BMF training sounds great, pretty good going doing all that after a run. I'm running for similar reasons as yourself but my passion is Kung Fu.

    ReplyDelete