The running Fields

The running Fields
Escaped Horses (Chris Tancock)

Sunday 16 January 2011

Day 16 and I did it!





Apparently, the forecast was for more rain later on today and it was heavy rain all night so off I went before more rains came. Of course, now it's sunny but .... it got me out before I could procrastinate any more.


The conversation in my head this morning went something like this: "Maybe I shouldn't run today because I had such a full on training day yesterday; my toe is still very swollen and painful and it may get worse if I go for a long run; if I overtrain and have an injury it may prevent me from doing Kung Fu properly; if I go for a long run it will eat into the day; not many people are looking at my blogs so it doesn't really matter and anyway I'm doing it for me, not for them...."


Fortunately, I've learnt over many years that this sort of conversation turns up from time to time pre-activity but I'm going to do it anyway because that was the agreement. So I didn't listen to them  as I know the benefits and feel good factor far outway any initial reticence.


I went for the muddy fields as it was going to be pretty wet and muddy wherever I went and chose to do some interval training. Interestingly, it didn't feel like a workout for the first two intervals but when it got to 180 bpm it was noticeably more effort trying to negotiate a bit of wind factor together with the gradients and soft, muddy ground pitted with holes and ridges. I managed to keep the pace going but wasn't covering a lot of ground and felt pleased to complete the 43 minute workout.


So 'Yah Boo Sucks' to you for trying to stop me going - you didn't succeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment