The running Fields

The running Fields
Escaped Horses (Chris Tancock)

Wednesday 19 January 2011

The dreaded thing has happened!



                 
               (Where I would have been today.....)


On trying to think of a blog title, I toyed with the idea of calling it "My Sore Right Knee" in acknowledgement of fellow Janathoner, "My Sore Left knee" but decided to settle for the one I've got.


It seems a lot of low Kung Fu stance work followed by yesterday's steep hill run has been a bit punishing for my knee which prior to yesterday has never shown any signs of trouble. However, after a warm bath I noticed my right knee looking decidedly larger than my left knee and at that point realised it was actually very sore and hot. Immediately got out the ice cloth from the freezer and decided to put the R.I.C.E. plan into action. 


This morning it wasn't any better and proved quite uncomfortable so I've been spending the day shuffling about and trying not to move too much which I find very difficult. I think I only used the stairs about 10 to 15 times but it took me twice as long to get up and down as I did it in half steps while trying not to bend my knee. 


Realistically, running was off for me today and in the early afternoon decided that Kung Fu would be folly, which is very frustrating as Wednesdays are the highlight of my week.  Once or twice I voiced the idea of going for a gentle walk in the field with the dog but was quickly reminded how long I could put myself out of action if I wasn't sensible enough to rest it. It was a beautiful sunny day as well, simply beckoning me to go out there.


Instead, I got out the sewing machine to finish all sorts of jobs I've been putting off which felt quite productive but nowhere near as enjoyable as going outside.


At logging and blogging time I felt very annoyed not to be able to enter anything so opted for a few press-ups and sit-ups, 60 and 120 respectively. A very modest attempt in view of what I would have been doing. We shall have to see. 

No comments:

Post a Comment