The running Fields

The running Fields
Escaped Horses (Chris Tancock)

Monday 22 November 2010

Working through Tiredness

This morning I did a short run and a short meditation, deciding to put my thoughts to my brother-in-law who is house bound with MS. My mind drifted quite frequently as I hadn't slept well the night before and wasn't running long enough to really get myself "out of the way".

I later received a text message from him to say what a sleepless and painful night he had spent so am happy that I could at least send some positive thoughts his way.

Although this blog is called "Running Meditations", I don't think I will get by without references to Kung Fu or Tai Chi as this feeds into practically everything I do and running is in support of that, rather than instead of.

In the evening I was still very tired and didn't feel I had the energy to go to a 2 hour kung fu session but know from experience that I can train through it and come home feeling enormous benefit - so I did go and I did benefit from it enormously.

Today seems to have been about pushing through and not giving in to worldly matters. There are certainly a lot of challenging things going on in my life at various levels but remarkably they seem to be finding there own equilibrium when I don't wallow in them.

It's interesting that blogging is very much what I decide to leave out, rather than what I choose to put in and I think life is like this as well. It's up to me to decide what I want to focus on.

No comments:

Post a Comment